Wednesday 21 August 2024

Wednesday Spread: The Guardian of the Night Tarot, Interview spread

Happy Wednesday! Welcome to this week's spread. We're doing the Interview spread with the Guardian of the Night Tarot. As always, I don't know who came up with this spread, but if it was you, thank you very much!

Tell me about yourself: King of Cups

The King of Cups is a diplomat and leader. This deck will be a good one to use when questions of friendship or dealing with other people come up.


What are your strengths as a deck? The Lovers 

The Lovers are all about partnership, but a true partnership doesn't ask you to give up what's most important to you. This deck will help me to find the balance between helping others and protecting myself.


What are your limits? Eight of Swords

The Eight of Swords shows up when we feel powerless, when we can't see past our imagined limitations. This deck will need my cooperation; it can't force me to see anything I'm not willing to accept.


What are you here to teach me? King of Wands

The King of Wands knows how to stand up for himself, how to get his due. This deck will teach me to claim my space in the world and not to back down when I know I'm right.


How can I best learn and collaborate with you? Two of Pentacles

The Two of Pentacles is about balance and keeping things even. I shouldn't try to overuse you, I should keep things nice and steady and do the same amount of practise each day.


What is the potential outcome of our relationship? Queen of Wands

This Queen doesn't hide herself! She knows who she is and she's proud of it. This deck will teach me how to be proud of myself and be confident in my readings.



This spread is very well-balanced, with only the Wands appearing twice. The presence of two Wand court cards suggests that this deck will be a practical and hard-working tool, one that will enable us to craft insightful readings together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday Spread: Interview spread, Sugar Skull Tarot deck

Welcome to the Wednesday spread! This deck is one I've had for a while, but not used recently; when I reviewed it I was very early in my...