Sunday 14 July 2024

Total Tarot Issue 11

In Total Tarot Issue 11, we received the second half of the Pre-Raphaelite deck, and the Three of Wands in the Golden Nouveau deck.

Reading the Tarot this week picks up from Issue 6 with Intuitive Reading. Intuitive is a style that uses the reader's own intuition instead of learning off the symbols and meanings. It's very interesting to read about! Illustrations for this article are from the Golden Art Nouveau.

The Card in Detail features the Wheel of Fortune, one of the cards that's been harder for me to grasp so I found this helpful. Looking at the variety of styles attached to it is really interesting as well - it's one of my favourite parts of Tarot.

The Tarot Spreads article continues from last issue's Angelic Wisdom Spread, delving into the meanings of each position and giving a sample interpretation. The cards are, appropriately, drawn from the Angel Tarot deck, not one we've had in the collection yet but they look nice.

Tarot Techniques picks up from Issue 7 with more rituals to help get you in the right mind set for reading. I know that some readers are very ritual focused; I'm more casual, but it's interesting to read about the different ways people treat their decks.

We have a World of Tarot article today, featuring the early printing dynasties who helped to bring Tarot to the masses. It's not a part of the history I'd ever considered before so it was very interesting to read.

Finally we have the Visual Reference to the Pre-Raphaelite Minors, which look amazing all lined up, and the usual practise tips.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday Spread: Interview spread, Sugar Skull Tarot deck

Welcome to the Wednesday spread! This deck is one I've had for a while, but not used recently; when I reviewed it I was very early in my...