Wednesday, 7 October 2026

Wednesday Spread: Finding Community, Rocky Horror Show Tarot

Hi all! Welcome to the Wednesday Spread. As the Rocky Horror Show is about finding your people, I thought the Finding Community spread would be a good fit! Let's see how the deck handles this one. 

🏘️ Finding Community

A spread for belonging, relationships, support networks, and discovering where you fit.

Useful for:

  • friendships
  • family relationships
  • workplaces
  • clubs, groups, and communities
  • finding your place in a new environment
  • understanding what helps or hinders connection

Layout

      [2]

[1] [3] [4]

[5]

[6]

The shape is meant to evoke people gathered around a communal fire.


1. The Traveller

What am I bringing into this community?

Your strengths, habits, expectations, assumptions, and gifts.

What arrives with you.

Ace of Tophats (Pentacles)

I am bursting with new ideas! I can't wait to dig in and start fixing things, building things, creating things. I'm very excited to begin.



2. The Signal Fire

What am I seeking?

What need is drawing you towards others?

Connection?
Recognition?
Purpose?
Support?
Understanding?

Five of Candelabras (Wands)

I want to prove that I can be as good as anyone else, that I can keep up and be helpful. I don't want to be a drag on this group. I want them to like having me around.




3. The Gate

What helps me belong?

Qualities, actions, attitudes, or circumstances that support connection.

Judgement

Knowing what to hold on to and what to let go. There's always a need to let some things pass without comment in any group; the trick is knowing what.



4. The Wall

What creates distance?

A fear, challenge, habit, misunderstanding, or barrier that makes belonging more difficult.

The Tower

Fear of things ending before they even begin. Holding things at a distance might protect me, but it means I'll never be part of anything.


5. The Circle

What kind of community serves me best?

The environment where you're most likely to thrive.

Not necessarily where you are now.

The Fool

Not necessarily full of people wandering off in all directions, but a group of people who enjoy trying new things, who have a grá for life and living. Somewhere I can be enthusiastic about things without being looked down on.



6. The Shared Future

What can be built together?

The potential that exists when genuine connection is allowed to grow.

Justice

A group where everyone is heard, where we can all enjoy ourselves and know that we're valued. Sounds pretty ideal!




Interesting read! We have four Majors – this is clearly an important topic. Interestingly, there are no Cups (Lips) or Swords (Lightning Bolts) in this spread. Feelings are certainly present, but this reading seems less focused on emotional relationships or communication, and more on what we bring to a community, what we do within it, and how we grow. There's a strong thread of creativity, stability, judgement and personal growth running through the whole thing.


Have you been thinking about joining a new group? Let us know!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday Spread: Finding Community, Rocky Horror Show Tarot

Hi all! Welcome to the Wednesday Spread. As the Rocky Horror Show is about finding your people, I thought the Finding Community spread would...