Sunday, 27 September 2026

First Impressions: Rocky Horror Show Tarot



Let the outrageous fun of Richard O’Brien’s Rocky Horror Show guide your tarot practice with this decadently illustrated tarot deck.

From the wild and untamed world of Richard O’Brien’s Rocky Horror Show comes a thrilling take on a traditional Rider-Waite style 78-card tarot deck. Enjoy your favorite characters as you’ve never seen them before in gorgeous original illustrations of Frank N Furter, Brad, Janet, Riff Raff, and more! Featuring major and minor arcana, the deck also comes with a guidebook explaining the meaning of each card and offering an introduction to creating your own spreads.

Ideal for tarot enthusiasts and Rocky Horror Show super fans, this collectible set is a perfect gift. Go on, I see you shiver in antici….pation.



At a Glance

  • Publisher: Titan/Insight Editions
  • Art Style: Hand drawn, psychedelic
  • Size: Standard tarot
  • Theme: Being yourself

First Impressions

  • The Majors feature the same characters several times, in a lovely illustration of the evolution of characters
  • The backgrounds are quite plain, drawing the eye to the main details
  • Because the cards have some glossy details, they were stuck together when I took them out of the box - they separated with very little effort and shuffle nicely now

First Draw

My first card, promisingly, was the Ten of Lips (Cups). I've never liked pips as much as illustrations but the colours here are very attractive, and I like the meaning!


Closing Thoughts

Some fandom decks are just thrown together with the most basic of correspondences. The more I work with this deck, the more I think there's real thought and effort gone into the card placements. I'm looking forward to trying some spreads to see how it reads in practice. Now I must go watch the movie - for, um, research purposes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday Spread: Interview spread, Rocky Horror Show Tarot

Welcome to the Wednesday spread! As always with a new deck we're starting with the interview spread. I didn't invent this one, but i...