Wednesday 16 October 2024

Wednesday Spread: Interview spread, Sugar Skull Tarot deck

Welcome to the Wednesday spread! This deck is one I've had for a while, but not used recently; when I reviewed it I was very early in my tarot journey, and I thought it would be interesting to go back to it and see how my impressions have changed with practise.

This is the Sugar Skull Tarot deck from Simon & Schuster. As always, I found this spread, I didn't invent it, but I'd love to hear from you if you did!



Tell me about yourself: Nine of Cups
Wow, this is a good sign! The Nine of Cups shows that good times are coming. This deck likes to look on the bright side, and it will be a support in bad times. The miner depicted here has worked hard all his life, and now he's been rewarded with all the riches he could need.


What are your strengths as a deck? Ace of Pentacles

Pentacles as a suit are grounded and have a lot of clarity. You will be very helpful if I'm looking for information about finances, career or work; your messages will be simple, straight forward and clear, without a lot of extraneous information. Like the oil rig shown here, you'll be full of good ideas!


What are your limits? The Hanged Man

This card usually indicates a willingness to look beyond the obvious and find the forgotten angle. Since this is a limit, it isn't a strength of yours. Your readings will be accurate, but not very deep. The gentleman hanging here might be better served going back to the saloon!


What are you here to teach me? The Chariot

You're here to teach me to stop hesitating and go for what I want! The Chariot celebrates power and certainty, and you'll teach me to channel that in my every day life. This horse team doesn't let anything stop them, and neither should I.


How can I best learn and collaborate with you? Knight of Pentacles

This Knight is the steadiest in the deck, not flashy like the others but hard working and reliable. We'll work together best if I take things steadily and work hard, not expecting miracles straight away. You're working patiently with that horse to get him where he needs to go; I should be patient and work hard with you, too.


What is the potential outcome of our relationship? Five of Swords

You will help me learn when to walk away from a situation, even if that knowledge is painful. This card embodies The Gambler; this guy may or may not have cheated, but he certainly has everyone's money, and now he's moving on before things get ugly!



With no Cups or Wands and only one Sword, this deck certainly seems down to earth and straightforward. The Majors show that it will be able to talk about important things; they'll just be practical matters. The Five of Swords hints that this deck might not shy away from pushing me to confront uncomfortable truths or to recognize when it's time to cut my losses and move on. This may not be the deck to ask about my love life, but it will be very helpful on matters of work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday Spread: Interview spread, Sugar Skull Tarot deck

Welcome to the Wednesday spread! This deck is one I've had for a while, but not used recently; when I reviewed it I was very early in my...