Wednesday 25 September 2024

Wednesday spread: Stained Glass Tarot, 5 card spread

Welcome to the Wednesday spread! This week we're trying a spread from the LWB for this deck, so hopefully we'll get some good results.


I'm doing this without any particular situation in mind, so we'll see what the cards say! I'm only looking at one card at a time so things may seem a bit disjointed at first, but hopefully it will come together as we work through the spread.


Background: Five of Wands

This card symbolises conflict and fighting. There are a few ways to read the card; the person you're in conflict with could be legitimately trying to bring you down, or it could be more like a class situation, where you're each pushing the other to get better in a supportive way. It could also be a conflict with yourself. Let's continue with the cards and see what comes up next.


Present: Nine of Swords

This card symbolises the fears and pressures we allow ourselves to feel. Nightmares and terrors can be very hard to deal with, but they aren't real; they're only passing thoughts. Acknowledge them and let them pass without affecting you or dragging you into the darkness.


Underlying cause of the situation: The High Priestess

Given the cards so far, I'm reading this as a lack of faith in my own intuition and gut feelings. The High Priestess reminds us to trust our own knowledge and feelings; since the cards so far point to a bad situation, I must have failed to do that at some point, leading me to where I am now.


Guidance: Two of Wands

This is the card of careful planning! You've had your great idea, now is the time to sit down, plan it out and anticipate trouble before it hits. The best plan in the world would still benefit from some thought beforehand. In the context of the other cards, I can recover from what's gone wrong if I plan it rather than reacting blindly.


Possible outcome: Five of Pentacles

Oh dear! This is the card of being left out. Could be a project in work, a family situation or anything else. However, given the other cards, I'm actually reading this as a positive. It seems like I've got caught in something I don't want to be in, so being left out might be the best possible outcome!


Overview: It seems like I got caught up in a situation where there was a lot of infighting and jockeying for position (five of wands) It's possible this happened because, distracted by worst-case thinking, I didn't pay attention to my feelings (nine of swords, high priestess) With some careful planning, (two of wands) I can extricate myself from this situation and walk away (five of pentacles).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday Spread: Interview spread, Sugar Skull Tarot deck

Welcome to the Wednesday spread! This deck is one I've had for a while, but not used recently; when I reviewed it I was very early in my...